Tony Hogg Design was established in June 2002 to provide a specialist design and engineering consultancy service for tensile fabric structures.
We are a team of experienced creative designers, most of who have been in the field of fabric architecture and engineering since the mid 1990s. Our team's individuals have extensive experience having worked previously for consultants and fabric contractors at the forefront of tensile fabric engineering. We draw on our skills to develop structures to suit the design brief, budget and timescale. The directors' personal involvement assures quality in the design of best-practice solutions.
We work at development stage with architects, engineers and designers. We address projects at all stages, producing packages from concept to fully worked designs. We work for fabric contactors to produce detail design and fabrication information, while assisting with preliminary design and costing during bidding.
CAD-based analysis and modelling tools allow rapid scheme design and cost information to be understood at an early stage in a project. The total 3D CAD approach produces an entire model of the structure. Risk and ambiguity are removed and a smooth route to the fabrication information is achieved.
All aspects of the design process for tensile fabric structures are provided:
- Interdisciplinary collaboration
- Concept and feasibility studies
- Scheme design to cost-certainty
- Tender designs
- Membrane form-finding and optimisation
- Membrane analysis for wind and snow loading
- Supporting structure design and engineering to relevant standards and codes
- 3D computer aided design and drawing output
- Steelwork fabrication drawings
- Cable and ironmongery schedules
- Advice on fabric testing and compensations
- Fabric patterning and cutting patterns
- Site inspections and reports on new and existing structures
We have in-house capabilities for membrane analysis and patterning, but we often utilise the services of Tensys Consultants, particularly on more complicated analytical models.